Legacy of an Adopted Child

"Once there were two women, who barely knew each other. One is in your heart forever, the other you'll call mother. Two different lives, shaped to make yours one. One became your guiding star, the other became your sun. The first gave you life, and the second taught you how to live it. The first gave you a need for love, and the second was there to give it. One gave you nationality, the other gave you a name. One gave you the seed of talent, the other gave you an aim. One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears. One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears. One gave you a family, it was what God intended for her to do. The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you. And now you ask me, through your tears, the age old question through the years. Heredity or environment....which are you a product of? Neither my darling...neither, just two different kinds of love". - Unknown

Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 5 - From Logan

Hi everyone! It's me, Logan!! Mommy and Daddy keep telling me that they are telling everyone back home everything we have been doing, so I told them that I wanted to say hi. I have been having a great time getting to know Mommy and Daddy - I just can't wait to meet all of you people. The weather here in Russia has been cold, rainy and windy, so we haven't had a chance to go for a walk outside. That's OK though - they brought some cool toys for me to play with. Mommy and Daddy are doing a great job of keeping me on the same schedule as my caretakers did at the baby home. I am very good for them - I don't cry much - only when Mommy leaves the room. But, she always comes back :) Here are some other things that Mommy and Daddy have learned about me - I love to eat. I make a mess when I eat cookies. I don't like wearing a bib (but they make me anyway). I don't cry when they give me a bath. I wake up laughing. I am ticklish on my feet and thighs. I LOVE to suck my thumb (either one is fine with me). I love the music that Mommy and Daddy put on our blog - it puts me to sleep every naptime and at bedtime. I can crawl and am learning how to walk (right now I need help and walk on my TIP TOES). I have very WIDE feet - Mommy and Daddy had to buy me a pair of shoes because they forgot mine in Virginia. I am a good sleeper. I have 7 teeth right now and more coming. I don't like to read books or look at the pictures - I just want to put it in my mouth. When I wake up in the morning, I like to get in bed with Mommy and Daddy and play. I am so happy that they have come to be my family. I can't wait to meet the rest of these people they keep telling me about. I guess I will see you soon. Here are some new pictures of me (Mommy won't keep the camera away!!) I love you!
Love, Logan











4 comments:

amy said...

Oh my, those chubby cheeks are SO ADORABLE!!!

kludlum said...

You don't know us, but we have been following your blog by way of Wendi Schurr. We too are adopting a child from Kaluga. We had our court date on September 25, 2009 and I think are going to Kaluga about the time you guys are heading home with your little one. We are so glad that your family is complete and very glad to read that you haven't had any issues leaving the baby house. We are crossing our fingers that our luck is as good when we pick up our 17 month old.

Clare said...

Nicole, he is absolutely gorgeous!! I am so happy for you:) I wish you all the best that motherhood has to offer. It is an amazing journey:)

Laura said...

He is soooo beautiful. What a smile!

Your family must be just on cloud 9 seeing all the pictures...and now they just can't wait to meet him in person next week.

Have fun your last few days!

~Laura